Brrrr its cold in here, there must be some stylin’ in the atmosphere! Although the stars were bundled up during NYC’s Fashion Week, the celebs unleashed their inner rock star glam with six of the hottest current trends you have to try. Think leather, studs, shine and glam. The effortless looks we’ll be seeing is the perfect transition from winter to spring. Grab your guitars, let down your hair, and create a rough around the edges look.
1. Embellished jackets – Project Runway’s Heidi Klum and Gossip Girl’s Michelle Trachenberg glammed up their arrival from the office look by throwing on embellished jackets. The studs on their jackets were the perfect touch for transitioning from the office to a night on the town. Paired with satin pants and heels, the elaborate jackets made these television queens stand out.
2. Graphic tees – Graphic tees are perfect for the passive. Make a bold statement without uttering a single word. Love your boyfriend? Have a favorite band? Representing a cause? Celebs like Victoria Beckham were seen all over Fashion Week looking stylish but casual. Beckham wore a Fashion for Haiti tee, underneath a blazer and jeans. Being fashionable and charitable at the same time? It’s all about killing two birds with one stone.
3. Shorts over tights – We are love, love, loving the cozy look of shorts over tights paired with a plaid tee. Shorts aren’t just for pairing with a SwimSpot bikini top anymore; just buy a cute pair of tights and you’re set to go. You get the comfort of sweatpants without looking sloppy. Warm and cozy in cold weather is tres chic.
4. Neutrals – Neutrals were seen all over Fashion Week. Some would even say creating a “romantic feel.” The City’s Whitney Port was dressed with a masculine blazer, albeit with a feminine touch with soft neutral colors. From the old trend of the nude lip to neutral colors of sand and ivory, the trend was a nice toned down look.
5. Edgy leather – It’s no surprise that motorcycle jackets have been the “it” trend for the past year, but NYC Fashion Week inspired some stars to go bolder and over the edge. Femme Fatales like Gwen Stefani and Kristen Bell opted for the tough girl “I can kick your ass if I wanted to” inspired look. Kristen wore a leather vest with a girly pink skirt, while Gwen wore a leather medieval inspired outfit.
6. Black and Blue – The low contrast color combo made the stars stand out perfectly. Kelly Osbourne has managed to keep fit and rocked this look showing us that the bold blue and night black colors are a perfect balance. Looks like the classic black dress got an edgy update.